Undoubtedly, the most important day in a woman’s life is her “Wedding Day” and every girl since a very young age imagines she is a princess. The traditional gown/saree/khada dupatta, shoes and flower bouquet are given so much thought so why not your jewelry.
Jewelry, quite surprisingly, seems to be an afterthought. But, your wedding jewelry is a really important part of your whole wedding day look and style and you must get it right. It’s not necessary that your wedding jewelry has to eat away at your bank account – there are quite a few options to buy jewelry within your budget.
Right below, we have narrowed down a few tips and tricks to bear in mind while picking jewelry for your wedding day.
1. VINTAGE FEEL – If your overall wedding outfit gives a very vintage feel, then you should wear something with a little sentiment. The best place to look for a piece is in your family’s jewelry box. Remember, old is gold!
2. WEAR JEWELRY THAT YOU LIKE – For your wedding, invest in jewelry that you see yourself wearing time and time again. Always go with jewelry combinations that you are comfortable with.
3. JEWELRY SHOULD ALWAYS MATCH YOUR OUTFIT – The jewelry that you adorn on your wedding day should express your personality, but it should also complement your dress.
4. GO BIG! – If you decide to wear your hair down, wear big earrings otherwise dainty earrings will get lost in your hair. If your hair is tied up in a bun or a French plait, then accessorize with some statement earrings.
5. DON’T WAIT TILL THE LAST MINUTE – We keep insisting that jewelry shouldn’t be an afterthought. Order everything a month or two in advance so you have ample time to try it out with your wedding dress.
6. FAKE IT – High-quality replicas are absolutely fine and really, who’s going to know? Agreed that diamonds add glass but a crystal alternative looks just as gorgeous.