There are people who don’t really care about how many carats their engagement ring comes out to be and then there are people who would do anything to have the biggest rock on their finger. Remember Leonardo Di Caprio’s Blood Diamond and the number of lives slain just so that a compressed piece of charcoal could be found? People’s desire of expensive jewelry is what has kept the diamond trade alive. Take a look at the 10 most expensive pieces of jewellery in the world:
- THE GRAFF PINK – Lawerence Graff was the lucky buyer, bidding nearly 7.5 million Swiss francs above the expected sale price. The diamond was sold for the recording breaking amount of $46 million appx. Classified as a type II colour diamond, the Graff Pink has a perfect rating which is why it costs about $1.85 million per carat.
- THE DIAMOND BIKINI – The Diamond Bikini is said to have broken all records when this single piece of jadeite jewelry was sold for $30 million at the November 1997 Christie’s Hong Kong sale.
- THE WITTELSBACH-GRAFF DIAMOND – The Wittelsbach-Graff diamond has been seen royalty. It was bought by King Philip IV of Spain for his daughter’s dowry. Rumoured to be a diamond mined in Golkonda, India, this jewel was sold for $24.3 million in 2008.
- BULGARI TWO-STONE DIAMOND RING – This ring features two diamonds instantly upping its price. Created in 1972 by Bulgari, the ring was bought by an Asian collector willingly $15.7 million after an intense bidding war.
- EMERALD AND DIAMOND TIARA – The German Prince, Guido Henckel Von Donnersmarck gifted this tiara to his second wife, Katherine in 1900. This tiara was rumoured to have belonged to the wife of Emperor Napolean III of France. This tiara contains a row of 11 polished pear shaped emeralds amounting to 500 carats total and was bought by an an anonymous bidder for $12.76 million.
- WALLIS SIMPSON’S PANTHER BRACELET – Rumoured to have been sold for $12 million, anonymously to Madonna, this stunning piece of jewelry was once owned by King Edward VIII.
- THE $10 MILLION RING – This ring, containing a 6.01 carat cushion-shaped blue diamond at its center, fetched a whopping $10 million at an auction where it was bought by an anonymous bidder.
- THE CULLINIAN DIAMOND – This extraordinary blue diamond ring proved to be a crowd favourite at Sotheby’s semi –annual sale in Geneva in 2009 where it fetched a whopping sum of $9.69 million.
- GOLCONDA DIAMOND EARRINGS – Also known as the Imperial Cushions because of the cushion-shaped diamonds, each earring weighs around 23.11 carats. These earrings were first showcased in May of 2011 at a Christie’s Magnificent Jewels Spring Sale in Hong Kong. It was sold to an anonymous bidder for $9.3 million.
Valentine’s Day is coming and you must be wondering what to get for your partner. It’s always very difficult to find your partner the perfect gift. Should you take them out on a trip, a romantic dinner or maybe just buy them a really nice gift and sit at home and watch movies all day? Decisions are always difficult. But worry not, we’ve got you covered. We have picked out a few pieces of jewellery that you can gift the woman you love, that we’re sure she will love.
The unique combination of gold, silver and diamonds in this pair of earrings make them look classy and elegant. It is a lovely set to gift your partner on Valentine’s Day. Check out the Roshita 0.10ct Diamond Studs here.Here is a silver and diamond ring that most women will love. This ring has a very modern design. The placement of the diamonds on the this ring makes it look refined and elegant. It is versatile, in the sense that it can be worn on many kinds of occasions. This Chocolate Diamond Finger Ring is the perfect gift for your partner.
Women love wearing necklaces and here’s one the woman in your life will absolutely love. The pattern of diamonds looks like an elegant bouquet of flowers and the blood red stone in the centre of the pendant adds to the oomph factor. Take a look at the Adhiratha 0.09ct Diamond Pendant.
Here is another ring that most women will like. A beautiful gold band, this ring features 3 diamonds right in the centre. This gorgeous ring is a gift that your partner will definitely love. Take a look at the Glassy 0.06ct Diamond Ring at any Jagdamba Pearls store.
Pearls are eternal, much like your love for the woman in your life. The pendant and earrings in this set are shaped like flowers and give the necklace a delicate look.
Gifting any of these pieces to your woman will leave her impressed. You can browse our Valentine’s collection here
Valentine’s day brings with it an opportunity to appreciate the special person in your life. People may take their loved ones out for a romantic, candle light dinner, go on a trip to the beach, take them to the movies, but nothing equals the gift of jewellery. Here are a few pieces you can give to the special man in your life to win his appreciation.
What better gift for a man than a ring? This simple yet elegant silver ring features a large diamond embedded into the centre and makes for the perfect gift for your loved one. Order this ring here.
Another option is the 18Kt Gold Fairy White Diamond Finger Ring. It is a lovely golden ring with diamonds embedded into the centre. Get your hands on this ring here
Here are some classy looking cufflinks made with silver alloy that your partner will really like. These cufflinks have a golden horse embossed in the centre and make for a very stylish addition to any formal outfit. Check out the Cufflink Set here.
With golden pattern around the edge and the anchor lined with gold in the centre, there is no doubt that your man will love this pair of cufflinks. Order this set online here.
Two gifts are always better than one. This Valentine’s Day, get your partner this lovely cufflink-pen combo from Sri Jagdamba Pearls. A combination of elegance and style, we’re sure your partner will definitely love this gift. Order this combo here.
Feel free to browse through Sri Jagdamba Pearls’ collection of Valentine’s Jewellery here and make your choice today!