There are days when we feel and look amazing but in between those days, we also have a lot of bad hair days, wardrobe malfunctions and days when you just can’t find the right thing to wear. Regardless of whether the number on the scale has gone up, we do feel bloated, sluggish, or nothing fits or looks good. That is quite normal and happens to the best of us.
But, fashion experts who have the inside scoop on silhouettes that flatter, cuts that camouflage and fabrics that hide the physical dirty laundry have a few tips to share on styling tricks which are guaranteed to make you look thinner. Read on.
- Narrowing your hips – If you have big hips, try tying a plaid or a flimsy sweater around the waist as it helps direct the eye to the narrowness of the hips.
- Flat tummy tricking – In order to show you have a flat tummy, tuck in only one tiny part of your shirt in your jeans. It will give the perception of a well-toned, flat stomach. Now who would have thought that?
- Leaner limbs – Wear an oversized knit like a dude’s pullover to look slim instantly. Men’s clothes are longer and baggier and therefore tend to make you look slimmer.
- Suit up – Another trick to hide those ugly bulges is to throw on a blazer which hits below the waist, slim fit jeans and heels to go. This way you feel less exposed and those tires are well hidden.
- Statement jackets – On days when you are feeling a little bloated, throw on a statement jacket with big, structured shoulders, and cropped, slim pants.
- The Pricey Blouse – A loose fitting top and a super slim pair of jeans usually works in making you hide that weekend weight.
- Hourglass silhouette – Even when you feel you are having a bad day getting dolled up, try capitalizing on your assets. A basic black top and a loose skirt with a pair of heels should do the trick for you.