Not everyone has the liberty of consulting an image consultant on the go. For those who follow their instinct, here are a few handy pointers that you may want to keep in mind:
- Choose jewelry that creates a pleasing sense of balance. If your frame is a little bigger, small pieces of jewelry will not be accentuated. Wear jewelry according to your size. Small diamond studs are usually the preferred choice of most women but bigger women should group different stones together for a cascading effect which creates a leaner effect.
- Large, clunky jewelry tends to overpower a woman of a more petite size. A minimal and clean look is what suits someone with a small frame. Ultra-fine chains, large thin hoops, and a stack of thin-rimmed bangles. But, try not to combine clunky jewelry with bold patterned dresses or loud colours.
- Accentuate the features that you want to. If you have perfectly manicured fingers, wear pretty rings to show them off. By wearing jewelry that highlights your assets will draw the attention away from the features you don’t like.
- Having said that, the right kind of jewelry will help soften those less-flattering features too. If you have a short neck, dangling earrings will elongate it – just avoid them touching your shoulders. If you want to elongate your neck further, opt for longer chains rather than chokers.
- Keeping it simple is making a statement in itself. A necklace composed of a series of flat-cut geodes lying against the collarbone creates a very feminine look while being bold.
Know what you are wearing and wear it with confidence!