The right jewelry can complete an outfit. The wrong one can confuse it. Necklaces, unlike, other pieces of jewelry can sometimes play to be tricky buggers. There are no official rules on how to wear jewelry but here are a few guidelines on how to wear necklaces which can be a great style statement and figure enhancer.
- Wear bright, chunky necklaces with neutral colours. An abstract 3-D design necklace along with a white peasant shirt over denim jeans. As the rest of the outfit is simple, the necklace should raise up the wow factor up a notch.
- If you are wearing clothes that are bright in colour or have animal prints on them, pair them with less elaborate necklaces such as long silver or gold chains.
- A pearl or diamond necklace with a little black dress would look perfect. Extravagant jewelry should be worn only on special occasions.
- Bib necklaces are to be worn only with high-cut but low-collared shirts and jackets.
- Don’t wear more than one necklace at once. A good chunky necklace is good enough on its own without having to pair it with a big necklace or a scarf or any other variety of neck wear.
- Be careful of with what you put your money on. Sloppily made, cheap imitations are tacky and make you seem careless with the way you present yourself. Avoid necklaces with words hanging from them if you want to stay fashion forward.
Before heading out, experiment with the jewelry you own and decide what looks best on you.