While the most precise way to find out the size of a ring is to have a jeweler do it. However, in the absence of a jeweler and when you are shopping online, there are two methods to go about it. They are as follows:
If you already have a ring that fits:
If you already have a ring that fits the finger but you are unsure of the size, try the website, http://www.findmyringsize.com.
Then, all you will need is the ring and a normal driver’s license or any other form of plastic cards which are only to be used as size references and not for payment. You can wipe that sweat off your brow now!
Just follow the instructions mentioned and when you are sure of the size, go back to the product page on our website and order the size you need.
If you don’t already have a ring that fits:
If you don’t have a ring that fits, here’s a simple way to measure
- Cut a strip of paper or a piece of string. The paper should be approximately 1/2” wide and 5” long.
- Wrap the strip of paper around the finger you are measuring.
- Slide the paper or string up to the knuckle as the ring must be sized, large enough to be able to slip on and off.
- Mark the piece of paper with a pen where it overlaps.
- Take a ruler and measure the distance from the edge of the paper strip to the mark. This is the circumference.
- Locate your ring size by locating your measurement on the printed chart. If the measurement falls in between two sizes, it is recommended that you choose the larger size.