Whether you are out buying jewellery for yourself or plan on gifting it to someone, it is always a tough decision to make. It’s not only an investment but an item which you will cherish for many years to come. Here are a few quick do’s and don’ts that you need to keep in mind when buying gold jewellery.
- Buy gold jewellery from a reputable company. You will only find the best in gold jewellery in stores which specialise in it.
- If you are buying jewellery online, a background check on the website as well as the company which you are planning to buy from is necessary.
- Look for any guarantees and warranties. Get a detailed explanation of their return policy in case the jewellery is not what you expected or has a defect.
- Shop for quality, not for discounted prices, even though the latter seems to be more tempting.
- Find the carat or quality mark on the piece of jewellery to see if it’s real gold or not. The carat is an indication of what percentage of gold is in the jewellery piece.
- Don’t be hasty especially when you are buying gold jewellery. Look around before you finalise.
- Don’t buy from a company or a jeweler that you cannot trust. 9 times out of 10, the jewellery could either be fake or stolen.
- Don’t forget to check the clasps and measurements. Size matters most when you are gifting it to someone else.